- Chile is not cheap.
- You should have low(ish) expectation for food (then you might be pleasantly surprised).
- It is a very modern country and anything you forget can be bought on arrival.
- Customs official are picky about food products, so don't bring them in.
- No matter what season you come in, you will need winter clothes (at the very least for wind/rain). The south is cold, and even Santiago gets chilly at night all year round.
- Unless otherwise noted, all accommodations refer to double room with private bath.
Good luck and enjoy!