Thursday, October 8, 2009

Houston

Sam Houston, Herman Park, Houston, TX

This assessment is all IMHO (in my humble opinion), please don't be offended.

What we've been doing here in three words:
Eating, Driving, Shopping (in that order, I think).

Celebrating the chagim here has been quite an experience. The synagogue is like a mega-church, choir and all. We ate a lot, every day. And I needed about three times as many outfits a usual because we see the same people everyday and g-d forbid you wear the same thing twice. And then you eat some more.




The highway is your friend. There's no such thing as walking unless you're in a mall. Then you get a lot of exercise because the mall is really big. Exercise=shopping, which brings me to the third point.


Strip centers- they are everywhere and they all look the same. Until you go inside one of the stores and it's a mess, then you know you're in the ghetto. I have visited close to a dozen bookstores here, within five minutes I can give you a ghetto-ness assessment on a scale of one to ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment